Tuesday 10 February 2015

Ancient Greek Drunk Thoughts

Something struck me the other day.   Do you remember, back in the day, when you went to your friends house for a sleepover, you would just lie there and talk about everything?   Or sitting there pissed up in a bar with your mates at 1 in the morning.   I'm not talking about those 'would you rather' discussions, I'm going on about the deep, DEEP ramblings you would engage in, about whether we are alone in the universe, and if life has any meaning at all.   Well yeah, the point I'm trying to make is, who were the first people to raise such important questions?!   Then it hit me, Ancient Greek philosophers!   Legends, such as Aristotle or Plutarch, were the first to raise these questions.   Wow, to think, Aristotle was probably sitting in a bar, absolutely trolleyed, and turned to Epicurus to ask about these things that we may never actually know.   Based on this almost entirely inaccurate post, I've come to the conclusion that we may all be the next big thing in terms of Philosophy, we just have to drink enough.



Keep drinking, you absolute geniuses.


No comments:

Post a Comment