Saturday 28 February 2015

Be Frank

If you don't live under a rock and have a fantastic taste in shows on Netflix, you will know that House of Cards season 3 was released in its entirety Friday morning.   This show is life changing I recommend it highly.   That's the only critical review I'm going to give.

I don't want to talk about the show in general, just one thing in particular, one character.   

Frank Underwood.



This man, albeit a fictional one, understands the importance of power and respect.   He knows that you don't get anywhere in life without commanding respect from your peers, and becoming the leader that some people so desperately need.

"From this moment on, you are a rock.   You absorb nothing, you say nothing, and nothing breaks you."

Jesus, hearing Kevin Spacey utter those words gave me tingles.

Over the 3 seasons, Mr Underwood has become somewhat of an inspiration to me, his determination to succeed and thirst for power resonate with me, striking a chord with the human instinct for dominance that many people fail to act upon.   



Not only Frank, but his wife, Claire is a mirror image of her husband.   Her equal thirst for power is as alluring as it is dangerous.   You need a wife like that in your life, someone who gives your life ambition.

I love this show, I love it more than sharks love blood.   (In-show reference, obviously)

If you haven't seen it, watch the damn trailer.





No comments:

Post a Comment